Subject: Re: Scrambled PAR Anims
From: [email-masked]
To: LightWave Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 07:40:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, Carl Andrew Johnson wrote:

> One recommendation that vendors may wish to consider is putting a caution
> or suggestion or recommendation on their products stating that it is
> recommended that they go into an enclosure with it's own fan or may no more
> than two peripherals in a case or SOMETHING that gives a warning that heat
> may degrade performance. I'm sure we all know this, but sometimes we need
> to be slapped in the face with that reality.

The PAR manual states very clearly that the drive and card should be kept 
as cool as possible to avoid problems.  I've found that removing a 
backplate from an adjacent slot in my Amiga helps a lot by allowing air 
to flow between the drive and card...on hot days, I put a small fan 
outside of the back of the Amiga to suck air OUT of the open backplate. 

I have never had a problem with my PAR. (yet!)

                                     -David Warner
                                      Event Horizon Graphics

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]